CIP’s training program offers each participant a unique learning experience that embraces the philosophy that people learn most effectively when the instruction is active, participatory, engaging, and of immediate, practical, and applicable value.
Seminars, Workshops, Custom Trainings, & Personal Coaching:
Our trainers can work with you and your organization on specific teaching methods based on the Autism LD Teaching Toolkit. We offer fully customizable training programs, from full day workshops to half day seminars, tailored to fit your educational needs — whether you are a parent, educator, clinician, or professional.
Our training program is highly interactive, dynamic, and motivating. It is a tangible way for educators, clinicians, and professionals in the field to master the core competency areas that have made CIP so successful in preparing young adults for higher education, careers, and meaningful lives.
Parents and caregivers will be able to use CIP’s training program and the accompanying teaching toolkit to augment and/or reinforce the “life skills” being taught to their young adults in a dedicated or integrated learning environment.
Through training and offering continuing education programs that are based on our newly published teaching toolkit, we are able to help:
- support professionals
CIP aims to provide all those working with adolescents and young adults on the wide-ranging spectrum with the knowledge, tools, and the best quality materials needed to ensure that each individual with an ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder) or LD (Learning Differences) diagnosis achieves and builds a happy, productive, rewarding life.
- Engage in a stimulating, participative, and experiential learning experience.
- Systematically build on each participants’ existing knowledge and expertise.
- “Hands-on” experience of the many exercises, activities, and hand-outs with opportunities to discuss how they may be adapted to individual circumstances (in a fully dispersed or integrated teaching and learning environment).
- Enjoy and value the experience as they interact with colleagues in a supportive learning environment.
All of our training modules whether conferences or E-Learning deliver the following course objectives.
- Improve their professional ability to deliver knowledge to students aged 16-26 with an ASD or LD diagnosis
- Learn to create an inclusive, active, participatory learning environment
- Build a foundation for imparting skills for life, school, work, and independent living in any learning environment (i.e., dedicated, integrated, established, or newly created)
- Enable participants to show young adults how community service, volunteering, internships, and a strong sense of values, ethics, and community integration can help give meaning to their lives and reinforce the learning and mastery of life skills, self-acceptance, and self-esteem.
- Instill a sense of leadership, confidence and renewed passion / invigoration for working with adolescents and young adults
- Create a community of like-minded educators, clinicians, support professionals, and parents (especially those home-schooling)
We can deliver training courses to a whole school staff or for smaller groups of professionals and educators. We operate an inclusive and interdisciplinary model so that advisors, therapists, youth workers, educational psychologists, and parents can all benefit from taking part in what we offer. Our training model will also benefit those working in a non-traditional learning environment such as mental health facility schools or out-of-school settings (such as a student’s home).